Just like the movies that the awards celebrate, the Oscars show always delivers a mix of drama and comedy, suspense and surprises, and tears and cheers. As the audience in the Dolby Theatre claps, laughs, and cries, so do the viewers at home. Watching along with Twitter, you can have the best of both worlds: get insider access from stars who know the Oscars best, and join fellow film fans in a global viewing party.
From the red carpet to the Dolby Theatre to their own couches at home, this year’s live-tweeting cast includes:
- Helen Hunt, @HelenHunt (Nominee, Actress in a Supporting Role)
- Kristen Chenoweth, @KChenoweth (Oscars pre-show co-host; performing at the Oscars)
- Nina Garcia, @NinaGarcia (Marie Claire creative director, “Project Runway” judge)
- Louise Roe, @louiseroe (Host, “Fashion Star” / NBC)
- Krista Smith, @KristaSmith (Vanity Fair west coast editor)
- Katie Couric, @katiecouric (Talk show host, “The Katie Show”)
- Carl Reiner, @carlreiner (Actor, writer, producer, author… legend)
- Dick Van Dyke, @iammrvandy (Actor, writer, producer, director, acapella aficionado… legend)
- Evangeline Lily, @evangelinelily (Actress)
- Katie Q Lowes, @KatieQLowes (Actress, “Scandal” / ABC)
- Arlene Silver, @speakyteeth (Make-up artist, Mrs. Dick Van Dyke)
- Mary Alice Haney, @maryalicehaney (Fashion stylist + editor, Host of “Closet Confidential” / Style)
- Matt Roller, @rolldiggity (Writer, comedian)
- Erik Griffin, @erikgriffin (Actor, “Workaholics” / Comedy Central)
- Heidi Klum, @heidiklum (Model, “Project Runway” host, designer)
For truly insider access, you’ll also want to keep an eye on a few other accounts. Host Seth MacFarlane (@SethMacFarlane) and Producer Neil Meron (@NeilMeron) are sharing behind-the-scenes peeks at everything that goes into Hollywood’s biggest night. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (of “I’d like to thank The Academy” fame), the organizer of the Oscars, will be sharing awards news, presenter lineups, backstage photos, and all sorts of insider details via @TheAcademy.
To follow all these amazing accounts in one place, visit this page. To keep up with the whole conversation from stars and fans alike, use & follow #Oscars, or check out @ABCNetwork’s Twitter buzz page. With the Oscars just two days away, red carpets are being rolled out, gowns are being fitted, and speeches are being rehearsed.
Here are some sneak previews and perspectives from nominees (or stars of nominated films), in case you need any more reasons to get excited for the #Oscars:
Backstage again…I love a good ghost light….@theacademy @sethmacfarlanetwitter.com/neilmeron/stat…
— Neil Meron (@neilmeron) February 18, 2013
Breaking #Oscars News: @janefonda, @kerrywashington, Jennifer Garner and Kristen Stewart booked to present.
— The Academy (@TheAcademy) February 21, 2013
My promise for the Oscars: no cheap wiener jokes. Only expensive wiener jokes.
— Seth MacFarlane (@SethMacFarlane) February 14, 2013
@juddapatow Thank you!! Hushpuppy, freak or geek?
— Beasts the Movie (@BeastsTheMovie) February 21, 2013
@dreashmea When we talked to them, producer Amy Ziering helped with making the subjects feel comfortable and open -KD #InvisibleWarChat
— Invisible War (@Invisible_War) February 18, 2013
yes, #lesMis cast singing at the Oscars, Valjean,Fantine,Eponine,Marius,Croisant ( cassette,uh courgette?)Enroljas,the Thenardiers & Javert
— Russell Crowe (@russellcrowe) February 20, 2013
script writing vs magazines: after this article ran, nobody questioned how I felt about the story (or the facts). rollingstone.com/kill-team
— Mark Boal (@markboal) January 29, 2013
Had lunch with Steven Spielberg @theacademy lunch. It was great.
— Quvenzhane’ Wallis (@IAMQUVENZHANE) February 5, 2013
The #Oscars will air on Sunday (Feb. 24) at 8pm ET / 5pm PT on ABC.
Posted by Kate Bowen (@kateb)