In June, we shared a variety of ways that Twitter is investing in video, including longer video, new ways to explore video, and better ways for creators to connect with their fans. Today, we’re excited to announce the expansion of our creator revenue programs, which will provide creators of all sizes with the ability to monetize content in multiple ways and generate revenue at scale.
Earn revenue at scale with Twitter pre-roll ads
The Amplify Publisher Program provides approved creators in the US with the ability to monetize their videos, which is as simple as “checking a box” prior to Tweeting. Pre-roll ads will then run against the content and a portion of the ad revenue is then shared back with creator.
Program benefits include:
- Industry leading revenue share model
- Complete opt-in control / flexibility. Program participants can either elect to opt-in videos Tweet-by-Tweet, or pre-set monetization for all of their videos
- Content can be opted-in for monetization 100% non-exclusively, meaning creators can elect to monetize it on Twitter as well as other platforms
Earn revenue by creating content with brands
Niche is the creator-first platform that provides creators with the ability to grow, understand, and monetize their social presence across all networks. Niche, a part of the Twitter family since 2015, works with 35,000 creators worldwide alongside top brands to develop authentic and resonating branded content.
Program benefits include:
- Work with industry leading brands on a campaign-by-campaign basis
- Attend exclusive meet-up’s / events with creators from all over the world
- Access analytics across all of your major social networks
Seamless product support across desktop & mobile
Today, we’re announcing product upgrades that will make publishing and monetizing on Twitter as effortless as sending a Tweet. Creators can now upload, manage and publish media more efficiently and effectively than ever before across both Desktop (via the new Media Studio) and Mobile (via the Twitter Engage app).
Media Studio, which replaces video.twitter.com, provides a comprehensive Desktop destination where you can access all of our publishing tools and resources.
Key upgrades include:
- A new unified media library (videos, GIFs, and images)
- New Tweet scheduling / planning capabilities
- Team management and multi-account support
- Improvements in stability and upload performance
To make things even simpler, we’ve added an “Earnings” section to the Twitter Engage Mobile app that we launched in June. This new section allows creators to easily track their earnings for not only Twitter, but Niche programs as well.
How to get started? Easy!
- For Desktop, visit studio.twitter.com for Media Studio access. For those not already signed-up, you can apply for access here.
- For Mobile, download the Twitter Engage app, click on the “Earnings” tab, and sign-up for the Amplify Publisher Program and Niche directly within the app to see if you are eligible. The updates will be reflected in the App Store in the coming days.