Four of the finest teams in the Canadian Hockey League (@CHLHockey) touch down in Windsor, Ontario later this week as the puck drops on the 2017 Mastercard Memorial Cup (#MCMemorialCup).
In 2016, the London Knights (@GoLondonKnights) took home the hardware. With the Knights having been knocked out early, there will be no repeat as four team go head-to-head in the four team tournament including the host squad, the Windsor Spitfires (@SpitsHockey).
Here are the 2017 #MCMemorialCup finalists, ranked by number of Twitter followers:
Of the four teams, the Otters also had the most postseason mentions with 1.2x more mentions than the Thunderbirds, 2.7x more mentions than the Sea Dogs and 5.1x more mentions than the Spitfires. We’ll see if the Otters’ success on Twitter translates to success on the ice during their quest for the Cup.
The 2017#CHLPlayoffs have been punctuated by a number of big goals, overtime wins and star-making moments. There were games of the 2017#CHLPlayoffs that have seen the highest Tweet volumes thus far:
- 5/14/17 - Seattle Thunderbirds (@SeattleTbirds) defeat the Regina Pats (@WHLPats) 4-3 in overtime to advance to the #MCMemorialCup
- 5/12/17 - Erie Otters (@ErieOtters) defeat the Mississauga Steelheads (@OHLSteelheads) 4-3 in overtime to advance to the #MCMemorialCup
- 5/10/17 - Saint John Sea Dogs (@SJSeaDogs) defeat Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (@ArmadaBLB) 5-1 to advance to the #MCMemorialCup
In terms of individual players, Mike McLeod of the (now eliminated) Mississauga Steelheads is the most mentioned player of the #CHLPlayoffs thus far with several Otters trailing closer behind in terms of conversation.
Here is a list of the five most mentioned players of the #CHLPlayoffs.
- Mikey McLeod, Mississauga Steelheads (@MikeyMcLeod9)
- Warren Foegele, Erie Otters (@FoegDaddy96)
- Anthony Cirelli, Erie Otters (@acirelli22)
- Alex DeBrincat, Erie Otters (@Brinksy97)
- Dylan Strome, Erie Otters (@stromer19)
Stay locked to Twitter this season for the best content, insights and live reactions as the final four @CHLHockey teams vie for the #MCMemorialCup.