Today, we’re introducing Twitter Trends 10 new UK locations: Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, Stoke-on-Trent, Coventry, Hull, Swansea, Preston, Blackpool, Plymouth and Derby, alongside more than 160 other locations around the world.
Trends are an easy way to find out what people are talking about right now –– around the world, in your country, or in your city. By checking out Trends, you can easily find breaking news and current hot topics that are most relevant to you.
By viewing Trends in these cities, it’s easier than ever before to find out what’s going on in your area and to get involved in the conversations. You can browse any of these locations by clicking “Change” in the Trends sidebar at Twitter.com.
Regional Trends give you a great flavour of what’s happening in different parts of the UK. And if you’re new to Twitter, you might also like to follow some of these Twitter accounts linked to these new Trends cities for inspiration:
- Bournemouth: Follow Blur bass player Alex James (@TheAlexJames) and Britain’s Got Talent judge Amanda Holden (@Amanda_Holden), both of whom grew up in the area.
- Middlesbrough: Follow former footballer and Sky Sports pundit Chris Kamara (@chris_kammy), and comedian Bob Mortimer (@RealBobMortimer).
- Stoke-on-Trent: British pop star Robbie Williams (@robbiewilliams), Guns & Roses guitar legend Slash (@Slash) and TV presenter Anthea Turner (@AntheaTurner1) all have connections to the area.
- Coventry: Keep up to date with local universities Coventry University (@covcampus) and Warwick University (@warwickuni), as well as Coventry City FC (@Coventry_City).
- Hull: TV presenter Sarah Beeny (@sarahbeeny) owns a wedding venue in the area, and follow Hull Truck Theatre (@HullTruck) for local theatre and entertainment news.
- Swansea: Keep up to date with Swansea City FC (@SwansOfficial) and follow player Michu (@MichuOviedo) for Premier League football action, and for a giggle follow Gavin & Stacey actress Joanna Page (@jopage_).
- Preston: Follow Andrew Flintoff (@flintoff11) for cricket commentary and his daily antics - but if cricket isn’t your thing, try BBC Lancashire (@BBCLancashire) for updates on the local area.
- Blackpool: Football fans can follow Blackpool FC (@BFC1887) and for updates on the most famous tower in the area, follow The Blackpool Tower (@TheBplTower).
- Plymouth: Olympic diving star Tom Daley (@TomDaley1994) is from the city, and you can follow Dartmoor Zoo (@DartmoorZoo) for regular animal snaps and all the latest zoo news.
- Derby: Follow local club Derby County (@dcfcofficial), keep up to date on community policing with Derbyshire Police (@DerbysPolice), and follow local professional golfer Melissa Reid (@melreidgolf)
To make Trends more convenient and relevant for people around the world, we’re constantly working to bring Trends to more locations –– be on the lookout for even more in the future. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to check out our support article on Trends for more information.