This month we have a great selection of campaigns on Twitter that highlight the range of creativity and approaches taking place on the platform.
With 2015 shaping up to be a huge year for cinema, there’s been plenty of new movie action over the last month. Besides big trailer reveals, there are other strong creative executions, as well as examples from brands including alcohol, gaming, betting and mobile.
- Last week marked a major film moment with Marvel’s ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’. The campaign used Twitter’s custom Flock-to-Unlock Card, appearing in six languages with more than a dozen Tweets, including this one from @MarvelUK:
- @Heineken continued its UEFA Champions League activity with Patrick Kluivert (@PatrickKluivert) around the Manchester City vs Barcelona game. The former Dutch international made his way around Amsterdam and showed his pouring skills in this gif.
- The big gaming release in February saw the arrival of ‘The Order 1886’ on the PS4. @PlayStationUK tried something different with its creative, aligning the game with @Arsenal’s recent Champions League outing.
We’ve seen planes race on Twitter before; last week it was the horses’ turn. @paddypower staged a Twitter horse race – within a Tweet. The bookmaker harnessed the power of emojis and 140 characters to produce something really quite novel.
- To mark the release of its time travel movie #ProjectAlmanac, @ParamountUK created a fun and addictive adventure game. ‘Choose Your Own Almanac’ challenged players to pick their own path within the space of a few Tweets.
- Transfer Deadline Day is always one of the sporting highlights of February as fans check Twitter for news of big-name signings. That can be something of a problem when you’re supposed to be hard at work. @WillHillBet came up with a solution: a way to disguise Twitter as an Excel sheet.
- With people booking their summer holidays, mobile firm @ThreeUK stepped in with some handy Spanish language lessons from none other than football and movie hard-man Vinnie Jones. They also offered a chance to win @LGUK G3.
- The big TV event over the last few weeks was the special live episode of long-running BBC soap ‘EastEnders’ (@bbceastenders). Many brands got in on the action. This Tweet from @virginmedia continued the brand’s success in using reactive marketing moments.
@KitKat scored strong engagement for this Tweet wishing @rihanna a happy birthday. It was a nice play on one of her songs for its #mybreak campaign, which in another execution was out of this world.
Adding to movie Tweets this month, @cineworld created a simple way to ensure that Twitter users never miss a good film.