The Apprentice returns to @BBCOne on Wednesday, and that means there will again be a huge conversation taking place on Twitter as fans Tweet along with the show. There were almost 388K (1) Tweets about The Apprentice last year and to celebrate its return we sat down with Lord Sugar.
We spoke to him as part of our #TwitterForLeaders series about how he uses Twitter a CEO and business leader and why he thinks other CEOs should also be on Twitter and why for him Twitter proves a powerful tool.Of course, we also spoke to him about his friendship with journalist and presenter Piers Morgan and how he loves to live Tweet during #TheApprentice.
We also picked out ten of his most notable Tweets from Lord Sugar over the years.
Ten Times Lord Sugar made a splash on Twitter.
1. The time he stepped in and replaced stolen Christmas presents
2. When people ask him how he made his fortune.
3. When he got a really big TV.
4. When he made a joke about grime.
5. When he Tweeted that painting of Piers Morgan.
6. And the time he called Piers Morgan a midwife.
7. When he told Jeremy Corbyn to resign.
8. And revealed how much he paid in tax.
9. One of his classic Apprentice putdowns (2014 candidate Sarah Dales).
10. When he called the opening episode of 'The Apprentice' 2016 as "The Antiques Roadshow on steroids".
Source: Twitter Internal 387,801, 01 August 2016 to 31st December 2016 the apprentice, @bbcapprentice, #theapprenticefinal, #apprenticefinal, @lord_sugar