It’s been an exciting first week so far at the #usopen as the greatest tennis players in the world vie for the final Grand Slam of 2014. Follow the official @usopen account to enjoy the tournament’s biggest social initiative to date, which offers fans a courtside seat to this star-studded event.
In India, you can participate in a #SocialTV experience with broadcaster Ten Sports (@ten_sports) who will be featuring Tweets from fans during the live matches.
From the first serve to the final winner, @usopen has you covered. A few noteworthy initiatives to keep an eye on:
- #StoryOfTheOpen: Every day of the tournament, muralist Josh Cochran will use a New York City billboard to visualize the #usopen social conversation. Fans can use the hashtag #StoryoftheOPEN to convey their favorite US Open moments to inform the billboard.
- Twitter Mirror and Vine 360 Booth: The #usopen attracts not only the best tennis players in the world, but celebrity fans as well. This year, the tournament will feature both a Twitter Mirror and Vine 360 booth on-site, capturing high-profile players and their celebrity onlookers with exclusive, authentic photos and videos. The celebrity action kicked off with @AAKidsDay last Saturday, with several high-profile music acts having fun with the Twitter Mirror:
- Social Wall at the venue: At the tournament itself, fans can check out the Social Wall, which aggregates and organizes the compelling #usopen social conversation.
Photo courtesy of the USTA
Be sure to use the exclusive hashtag of the tournament (#usopen) to join the conversation and access exclusive Grand Slam content.
India is being represented by Sania Mirza (@mirzasania), Rohan Bopanna (@rohanbopanna) and Leander Paes (@Leander) at the 2014 US Open and you can follow their journey on Twitter through their official accounts next to their name above.
Twitter is also featuring 100% of the top 10 seeded mens’ singles players and 90% of the top 10 seeded womens’ singles. Here are the top-seeded accounts (seed # in parentheses):
- Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole, #1) - 3.4 million followers
- Roger Federer (@rogerfederer, #2) - 2.1 million followers
- Stanislas Wawrinka (@stanwawrinka, #3) - 329,000 followers
- David Ferrer (DavidFerrer87, #4) - 750,000 followers
- Milos Raonic (@milosraonic, #5) - 174,000 followers
- Tomas Berdych (@tomasberdych, #6) - 112,000 followers
- Grigor Dimotrov (@GrigorDimitrov, #7) - 95,000 followers
- Andy Murray (@andy_murray, #8) - 2.7 million followers
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (@tsonga7, #9) - 496,000 followers
- Kei Nishikori (@keinishikori, #10) - 125,000 followers
- Serena Williams (@serenawilliams, #1) - 4.3 million followers
- Petra Kvitova (@Petra_Kvitova, #3) - 139,000 followers
- Agnieszka Radwanska (@ARadwanska, #4) - 113,000 followers
- Maria Sharapova (@MariaSharapova, #5) - 1.2 million followers
- Angelique Kerber (@AngeliqueKerber, #6) - 94,000 followers
- Eugenie Bouchard (geniebouchard, #7) - 313,000 followers
- Ana Ivanovic (@AnaIvanovic, #8) - 278,000 followers
- Jelena Jankovic (@jelena_jankovic, #9) - 93,000 followers
- Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki, #10) - 674,000 followers
Follow each player and watch as genuine excitement unfolds throughout the tournament, notably from five-time #usopen champion Roger Federer:
In addition to the official tournament account (@usopen), these accounts offer insight and access to the tournament:
The #usopen is certain to be an epic final chapter in 2014 Grand Slam tennis, and following the action on Twitter ensures you won’t miss a single moment.
So sit back, join the conversation with us, and enjoy the tennis!