When Twitter for Mac launched at the beginning of the year it received praise for its simplicity, speed and look. It also came packed with features like auto-shortened URLs, Tweets appearing in real-time, and multi-account support.Today, we’re releasing the first major update to Twitter for Mac. Some of the highlights:
- See multiple timelines at once. You can open more than one Twitter for Mac window at any time, giving you a chance to view your home timeline, @mentions, lists, multiple accounts, and more – all at once. Just go to the Window menu and then scroll down to “Open in New Window”.
- Take actions more quickly and easily. We made design changes that make the app easier to use and look even cleaner.
- We added a bar along the top that lets you easily click back to previous pages.
- There is now a separate “New Tweet” button in the bottom left corner of the app.
- We improved the design of Direct Messages, making it easier to view a conversation.
- User profiles now make it easier to learn about and interact with a user.
- Tweet faster. Twitter for Mac now has username and hashtag auto-complete.
You can download the update from the Mac App Store now.