Last night’s Academy Awards ceremony was packed with unexpected moments both onstage and off. While Tinseltown enjoyed the evening from the Hollywood and Highland Center, Twitter gave the rest of us an all-access pass to join the fun from anywhere in the world.
From emotional wins to a notorious red carpet moment, the stars gave us something to talk about. Here are the most-tweeted moments of the evening:
- “Undefeated” wins Best Documentary
- Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis present an award (complete with cymbals!)
- Sacha Baron Cohen spills ashes on Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet
- While presenting an award, Angelina Jolie strikes a pose and shows off her leg onstage
- “Man or Muppet” wins Best Original Song
Viewers also used Twitter to tell @NinaGarcia and Tim Gunn who they thought was #BestDressed during the Oscars Red Carpet Live pre-show on ABC. The results are in:
- Jessica Chastain
- Michelle Williams
- Emma Stone
- Penelope Cruz
- Miss Piggy
We’ve also rounded up some of our favorite Tweets from the #BestDressed red carpet and the ceremony itself.