Last week, Twitter teamed up with some star athletes to launch #FollowMe, a new way for everyone to make instant highlight reels of their own most engaging moments on Twitter.
In just a few days, several top brands have created #FollowMe videos, proving that highlights aren’t just for NBA players. With a couple of clicks, these brands created 30-second reels that feature their top Tweets, photos, Vine videos, topics and followers:
Paramount Pictures (@ParamountPics) spotlights behind-the-scenes photos and videos of its upcoming summer blockbuster World War Z (@WorldWarZmovie).
adidas UK (@adidasUK) showcases the dynamic content they share with passionate fans every day to bring them closer to the sports they love.
Intel (@Intel) sparks a conversation with a shout-out to its top followers including Toshiba USA (@ToshibaUSA), which returns the brand love by featuring @Intel in a #FollowMe video of its own.
Toyota España (@Toyota_Esp) shares its most tweeted topics and a popular stop animation Vine video.
Tips for brands
Think of a #FollowMe video as another dynamic opportunity to engage existing Twitter followers and reach new ones. Here are some simple ways that you can integrate #FollowMe across your existing Twitter strategy:
- Use Promoted Tweets to target your #FollowMe video content to new users. This will be a great way to intrigue newcomers with the ‘best of’ your brand.
- Since Twitter users land on a profile page when they click on a Promoted Account, feature your #FollowMe video in the pinned Tweet at the top of the timeline. This helps you spotlight a creative piece of content that instantly gives users a feel for who your brand is on Twitter.
- Showcase your most popular content to current followers and encourage them to retweet your #FollowMe videos. You can add incentives like contests, giveaways or a flock-to-unlock campaigns where you share special offers or exclusive content after a certain number of Retweets of your #FollowMe content.
- Reward some of your followers by selecting them in the “Top Followers” module within the #FollowMe editing tool, then give them a shout-out when you share the video via your handle.
- Create new #FollowMe videos periodically to spotlight your brand’s most current Tweets, photos and Vine videos. Consider sharing a new video monthly, weekly or as often as you like.